Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Types of Psychic Powers

I will begin this post with a series of links that briefly talk about various "Psychic" or extra-sensory abilities that people report in great numbers around the globe. Throughout history people have held the belief that some or all people has these abilities, in more recent times on our planet many of these people with heightened abilities were given names, Druids, Witches, Warlocks, Shaman, Brujas/Brujos, Magi, and Masters.

It is my belief that these abilities or powers are a very natural part of being human, they may be at times burdens in modern society but ultimately allow us to connect to each other, and larger picture of ourselves and the universe.

Links:

http://uk.iacworld.org/full-list-of-different-types-of-psychic-abilities-here/ International Academy of Consciousness

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychic_abilities wikipedia

http://psychiclibrary.com/beyondBooks/psychic-abilities-test/ Psychic Library (includes Test*)

http://www.metaphysical-studies.com/faq/types-of-abilities/ Reality Undefined



My thoughts:

I would also like add some of my own experience and understanding on the areas I am sensitive too. although I have researched some of these many abilities I only wish to speak about what I have personal experience with. I am not a very big fan of labels, classifications in almost any setting but for the sake of this post I would most closely identify with being an Intuitive Empath navigating the sea of "feels" :)

From a young age I had a solid lie detector, it was usually obvious on peoples faces but I could feel myself get uncomfortable  and anxious and then would see the lie on there faces. I would say I have always been sensitive to others but when puberty happened it increased quite a bit, I was not able to understand then that the bombardment of emotions, feeling, thoughts I would experience were not all coming from me, this made public education very challenging.
People who identify as empaths are prone to depression, I would say a lot of this is due to the constant filtering and barriers needed to live "normally" like others (i.e. not in isolation) and the difficulty of balancing that with having social relationships and friends. My own depression was a gift and come into full form in the most beautiful divinely crafted way, this was accepted and necessary for me to go through in order to be who I am now.

I would like to try and describe how it feels to be empathic. It is natural feeling to me now but when others are near my focus is altered, I feel just as my own feelings the pain, the joy and the deeper tones of others. At this day and time I have a series of filters and barriers so that I have more focus on what I identify as myself, I know my feelings and reactions and thoughts.
My filter is like a bubble or priority list, that helps me balance myself and others separation.

Sometimes this filter is broken, I can lax on maintaining this through many habits or lack there of, also surges of extreme emotion or large group's feeling the same way can buff off this filter temporarily. I live in Austin TX in the USA and each year we have some big music/art festivals, during these times of ACL or SXSW I can feel the mass crowds enjoying themselves, loving each other and having fun. I am not found of crowds as much but I enjoy the festivals for the "good vibes" they bring.

I am sensitive to environments, lighting, color and symmetry through all my senses. Visually symmetry gives me a very pleasuring calming feeling with an alert mind, symmetric sounds do the same. Color is a big "feeling-giver" wearing certain colors has impact on my mood.


I would say Empathic abilities are part of my spirit shining through, these are my only natural gifts in terms of powers and abilities.
I do feel there is almost a second category of 'psychic abilities' but only in that they relate to similar directions on a path. These would be learned or trained powers that one can build, in theory anyone can get better and improve with such abilities. This would mean we are all psychic and those we call psychic are just exhibiting more developed abilities.



Thanks,
Love & Light
-TK

No comments:

Post a Comment